Things that returned to my mind as I sat today in front of the screen:
- The Datacenter as a Computer, book. A PDF can be found here.
- AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Alibaba, Digital Ocean
- Thomas Watson saying “I think there is a world market for maybe five computers”
- Ken Thompson saying “The future of OS is just a stream to the cloud. Doesn’t see “universal cloud computer” Companies will try to dominate.” Cloud Drives, your music from a streaming service, even your Office documents, etc.
Right now I am subscribed to two cloud drives and am battling migrating from one to the other. It took about a year for one client to not crash when downloading the whole content locally.
- An old post of mine that I never expanded on, just like this one.